Section 2 of 3
The legal fictions we live in, with, or entirely without:
- So, in review, what is “The System”?
- Might it be likened to the Panopticon of Foucault philosophy?
- Or even the popular 90’s film “The Matrix”?
- It helps to first take notice of:
- what is public,
- what is private property,
- what is federal oversight,
- & what are the applications and implications of the laws regulating that oversight?
The next concept to wrap your mind around is the illusory structure of the modern business corporation. The root of the word & applicability imply the physical encompassing of intellectual & business – as well as active & passive ends & means of an entity under the emblem of logo & slogan. The constituencies of a corporation (the employees) are under contract to defer questions and issues “up” the vertices of management that they – themselves – are not able to answer. It gets even more convoluted the more numerous & specialized the departments of operation are within the corporate structure. Management over multiple departments requires a level of intrinsic discipline that is not particularly “natural” to the skills & knowledge deployed by the average employee. In short, department management requires the mentally trained compartmentalization of routine objects into subjects & undefined objects into matters of phenomena. In layman’s terms – you need to know what goes where & when; as well as what to do when functions of structure fail or are simply not prepared for an arising internal issue.
Heirs to Realism
It is within my prior explanation that I find the majority of failures in modern U.S. society & macro-economics. “As an heir to legal realism, Law & Economics has helped us de-naturalize the corporation as a legal entity” (Seattle Law Review 2014 pg. 659) How exactly is the U.S. ‘an heir to legal realism’? If we start before the Revolutionary War & Declaration of Independence – The Freedom of Press was notably affirmed in 1735 – when Peter Zenger’s criticism of the British Crown was realized as an intent to the acknowledgment of substantial conditions that the crown imposed upon its colonial counterparts. Prior to this – it is fair to claim that any critique, true or false; damaging or inconsequential, was limited & censored by the interested entities being criticized. To sum it up – if secrets & conspiracies of the ruling class were exposed to the public – whomever exposed them was censored; either by incarceration, public humiliation or death.
In terms of truthfulness, there wasn’t a decree of solidarity less it fit the manufactured means of the ruler’s interested ends. Justice was only just as the legislative powers saw the outcome of any action, decision or discussion. In other words – deferment to the preferences of the master was your reference for operating in society. Outside the society, the dangers of impropriety and the unknown kept curious minds loyal to the word of higher-ups – so that legality was only what a centralized power saw fit – which was (more often than not) only what they could profit from. The average individual’s honor was not maintaining dignity of truthfulness but deferring to the system of authority that accredited the control – of gainsay & passive action by preference – to those already with power. In terms of freedom, the most helpful & honest hand could only do as the most unpredictable cap would command. There is still much to be defined in terms of idealistic freedom within a system of law & economy; as well as the indivisibility of a democratic republic.
If my life experience has taught me any degree of truth thus far – I can sum it up in these seven statements:
Every person learns at different rates. The experience of an individual and the manner in which they interpret new information has more to do with the rate than the number of times informed or corrected.
- It is not possible to identically experience an event or feeling from stimuli unless a variety & multitude of similar experiences have also been expressed to & acknowledged by the other in terms of conceptual principle.
‘Preferences need no inferences’ – it has more to do with the quantity of expressed stimuli than the in-depth qualities – so that something may be liked while you are ignorant and hated when you are aware of; or annoyed by it.
Religion became a tool for empire control throughout history. The wider one’s knowledge of the world – the more solid the divisions of compartmentalization need to be; so there is an internal & eternal theme to everything.
This “theme to everything” is the aesthetic of metaphysics –chaos into order. It can be explained in several ways, but the best way is through wisdom – the knowledge of what is right and wrong by intuition alone; which is what humanity operates upon when sensing the unknown.
I find that metaphysics is best described as the categorical sieve of our –isms, makings, & collectives when sorting undefined objects into either a defining subject or a phenomena – warranting qualifications of the scientific method.
The laws of men will be manipulated to fit the times that the laws of nature (physics) create.
There-there, things will get better eventually
We all make decisions based on our perceptions of reality – the actualized outcomes of events and specified choices within them. This is what we tend to think determines our overall happiness. The problems of attaining happiness tend to be thought of as if in a vacuum though – unrelated to our social ties, the community we live in, our worldview & even some of our less concerning actions. That which (I dare say) actually conjures our happiness is the relative outcomes of our reality–expectation mental processes. When time is money – we are in a constant pursuit. When we want to learn a new skill or improve ourselves – we tend to think less of the matter of time; but more of the manner in which we could accomplish new levels of control to optimize our time.
Here it helps to think of the metaphor of the Zen Wheel where it is the hole in the center that does the carrying of revolving motion – and which without – the spokes would be useless…
Where… there is no “there” there.
What is beyond Imagination – is not beyond Manifestation;
Expect the Unexpected:
Ever wonder why some do great things with seeming ease – like a zipper – and others’ attempts at the same things seem to be patchwork of trial & error? It is because we do not learn from simply memorizing. Learning requires a noticeable and acknowledged synthesis of understanding. Think of it this way – if there were two architects on opposite sides of a wide river, and each other had the job to meet in the center with a single keystone to create a bridge – each would have to be familiar with the other’s angle & height of plans for their single project to work. No matter how focused each is on his own work, it is the form of each (being in form) that is the very principle of the bridge’s success. If either one is misunderstood about the other’s angle of stone work, neither one will stand under the bridge to remove the supporting stones & they will have created, instead, a dam which floods both their villages.
Understanding the terms & conditions of negotiation is everything! So when you create an entire population that trusts their eyes & failing memory, more than the intuition of morality and aesthetic of order, you wind-up a clock that can only tell the correct time – half of the time. The other half of the time is spent on rewind; chasing the dragon; going down some rabbit hole; or conning every passerby which is ignorant as to the exhausting game of contemporary politics. Martin Luther realized these truths when he nailed his 95 theses on the cathedral door. Martin Luther King Jr. realized this when he saw his communities failing, yet, kept faith in a higher consciousness – nonetheless. Jesus of Nazareth noticed this when he booted the money-changers out of the Lord’s Temple. Immanuel Kant & Voltaire realized this when they wrote of heteronomy destroying our autonomy of will. Benjamin Franklin realized this when he proclaimed “Remember, time is money.” Thomas Jefferson, the first Democratic-Republican President, noticed this when he saw to an end the Federalist regime’s trade & banking policies that redistributed power and wealth to the upper echelons of society & structures of deferment (otherwise known as authority). Even President John F. Kennedy fully realized this weeks before his assassination.
Liberal – Conservative Gap
The very term liberal, has a defining issue within it. The antithesis of that issue is what, in turn, has vexed conservative politics or austerity. Merriam–Webster defines liberal in 8 separate ways:
- Not opposed to new ideas or ways of behaving that [which] are not traditional or widely accepted
- Of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts
- Marked by generosity
- Ample; Full
- Obsolete: lacking moral restraint: licentious
- Not literal or strict: Loose
- Broad-minded; esp. not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
- Of, favoring or based upon the principles of liberalism
- Archaic: of or befitting a man of free birth
The rationale behind disputes between the liberal left and the conservative right are hocus-pocus; meant to be the common barrity (habitual instagation) to distract the masses from the very dire issues within our political system. What I mean is that conservative is to liberal, as what is Republican is to progressive; and more recently – what is Democrat is to conservative, as what is liberal is to regressive. The juxtaposition of these defining stereotypes and qualities to their social placement are topsy-turvy – at best, if not completely defunct.
- The balances of energies & social dynamics are damaged – we tend to focus on an end or extreme of the opposition (over-correction).
- Anchoring – Constantly comparing ourselves to our past. (Progress – Regress)
- Spoiling children makes it harder for them to obtain a “positive inter-temporal gradient” the ability to improve their selves – over time.
- Rich and greedy adults (of inheritance) are still psychologically nascent & physiologically complacent – manifesting in ethical improprieties.
- Governments must focus on income inequality to balance the social dynamics – allowing for a “spring of happiness”, renewal of spirit, & introduction of the “unexpected.”
- The difference between fearing the unknown & being enthralled by the unexpected is a matter of regulating preferences & hierarchies of deference with duties & imperatives that set progressive limits of principle, reference, office, & outcome with measurable details for public and (after it) private good.
Imagination – Expectation Gap
- Technology is making our expectations less realistic. Instantly gratifying our downtrodden beliefs with pop culture cultivation.
- Multiple & varying options and routes to happiness increases our potential for decision-making.
- This, however, correlates with the increase in expectations – that are dependent on risks or sacrifice.
- The expectation of popularity – we perceive as being the reality of what is the best of the normal & average of the worthy.
- Advertisers learned that if they can make you dislike a quality about yourself – they can get you to buy the items/services for the fix.
I play and build guitars, philosophize on street corners, as well as communicate systems of esoteric thought patterns with metaphysics and anthropological linguistics.